Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Getting blogged down

The Christmas Newsletter is now a year round event courtsey of Blogger. I can't wait to put on my hyperbole hat (see photo) and get started. Yes, my life will sound way more interesting than yours because things always sound better with an accent and a tan.

Spanish
¿Dónde está el baño
or
English
Where's the toilet

I spread my not so tiny wings and fly away December 11th on a non-stop flight and arrive in Puerto Vallarta at 1:30pm in the afternoon. Someone in scheduling must have fallen asleep because that's just too civilized. Plucking frozen prairie people from the depths of despair before veering south tends to support an ETA somewhere around midnight, leaving very little time to get familiar with the local beverages.

Snowbirds...who are they?
People living in the frozen north migrate south en masse to while away the harsh winter months in sunnier climes.

Snowbirds...who are they really?
Come, lets find out

más tarde 


5 comments:

  1. Hi Kerry, I'm so glad you decided to blog online. I am quite anxious to live vicariously through your travels and experiences. Don't forget us little people hey? :)
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Char, my first Blue Marble Scout follower. Noone ever foregets their first of anything so have no fear.
    I can only hope my life as a Snowbird is worth living vicariously.
    bms

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kerry! Love the look of this!
    JDG

    ReplyDelete
  4. "So, little snowbird take me with you when you go, to that land of gentle breezes where the peaceful waters flow." Gee bms I knew you when you were simply kas. Times change. I don't know if Canada is ready for two famous snowbirds. We have Anne Murray as Canada's iconic snowbird. Perhaps you could be Canada's iconic Fauxbird. bks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...I like it...Fauxbird. I just might have to explore the meaning of that...so thanks bks and thanks for your comment John. I'm still tweeking (in more ways than one) and hope to know what I'm doing by the time I get to MX.

    ReplyDelete